|| The International Auditing and Accounting Standards Board (IAASB) announces the following new appointments and re-appointments to take effect on January 1, 2022:
- Mr. William Edge, Chair, Australian Auditing and Assurance Standards Board
- Dr. Warren Maroun, Professor, School of Accountancy, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Mr. Kai Morten Hagen, Technical Director at Den norske Revisorforening (Norwegian Institute of Public Accountants)
- Ms. Sachiko Kai, Technical Director, Japanese Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Mr. Eric Turner, Former Director, Canadian Auditing and Assurance Standards Board
„It is a pleasure to welcome the new IAASB members and congratulate re-appointed members,” said Tom Seidenstein, IAASB Chair. “One of the IAASB’s hallmarks is our diversity in thought and experiences that strengthen our deliberations. I look forward to these new voices adding to that diversity and expanding our conversations.”
The IAASB also announces the re-appointment of Mr. Len Jui as its deputy chair for 2022.
“I am also extremely pleased that Len will continue serving as IAASB deputy chair,“ said Mr. Seidenstein. “Len’s dedication to the IAASB is tireless and we are collectively stronger because of his efforts.”
About the IAASB
The International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board develops auditing and assurance standards and guidance for use by all professional accountants under a shared standard-setting process involving the Public Interest Oversight Board, which oversees the activities of the IAASB, and the IAASB Consultative Advisory Group, which provides public interest input into the development of the standards and guidance. The structures and processes that support the operations of the IAASB are facilitated by the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). For copyright, trademark, and permissions information, please go to permissions or contact email@example.com.